BIRTHDAY WISHLIST


As you can guess, today is my birthday. Happy birthday to me! Yipee! I'm not really one for throwing big parties or anything, I'm quite happy just hanging out with my friends and then getting some money for a bit of retail therapy. I haven't done a wishlist in so long and since I have no money to my name I have a build up of lovely clothes, accessories and makeup that I'm coveting. I doubt I'll be able to buy many of these, if any. Here's hoping I don't spend all my birthday money on take away and booze.

I decided instead of making a wishlist of a ton of random things I want, that I'd make an outfit I'd like as a whole. I spotted this Motel Rocks skirt on the lovely blog Floral Danielle in one of her wishlists. I don't normally go for anything too shiny, but I love the metallic trend at the moment especially if it's holographic. This skirt could be worn with a crop top to a club on a night out, but I thought I'd dress it down with this over-sized sweater. This sweater caught my eye on another awesome blog Amy Valentine. I love the distressed detailing and it looked so flattering too.

A hamsa hand necklace has been on my wishlist for a while, but I'm quite picky about what it looks like. This one is only £9 on Enchanted Willow, a cute online store with the loveliest scarves and jewellery. The ring and scarf are both from Love from Misbehave, a great online shop which sponsored my One Year Blogging Anniversary giveaway. The owner Allie is so nice and does the best deals. She's even selling some jewellery for only 99p at the moment. Bargain!

This scarf is only £3 and I wouldn't wear it around the neck as a scarf though, I'd style it by wearing it as a turban. Just tie all your hair up, let your fringe poke out the front and knot it at the top for a retro housewife look. These wedges are a great way of keeping the outfit casual, but still giving you a bit of height if you're a short arse like me. I find I'm steering away from heels and more to platforms and wedges, so much easier to walk in.

To top it all off, I'd wear this gorgeous Lime Crime Velvetines lipstick/gloss hybrid. It's in a gloss tube, but dries matte like a lipstick which sounds like a dream. I've only heard positive things about it and a striking red brings that retro vibe to the outfit too. Finally this metallic polish is great to compliment the skirt and I have never tried an Essie polish either.. I'm a terrible excuse for a blogger, really.

What do you think of this wishlist? What's on your wishlist this month?

8 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog and I love it :). Especially love this outfit, would look so gorgeous!

    Rachel xo
    anotherbritblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, a very Happy B'day to you :) and your wishlist really nice, I specially like that Lipstick/gloss hybrid. It's really nice to have a wishlist, I haven't done it yet but definitely I would do it soon.

    Priti Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!!essie polishes are so lovely!they make the best gifts!i would definitely recommend that you try one:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many essie polishes it's a bad addiction

    Found you through #FBLCHAT on twitter

    http://alices-wonderland93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous wishlist! I love the lipstick colour and the cute wedge shoes! Thanks for the link hun, I followed!

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday lovely!
    Thanks for mentioning my blog, the skirt would look awesome with the necklace, shoes and nail varnish! :)
    Rememeber you can get 20% off MotelRocks.com using discount code 'floraldanielle'!

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that motel skirt!!! Need it in my life
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little late, but happy birthday!!!
    Awesome wishlist! I hope you got some of these. I really want the Lime Crime Velvetines lipgloss too! :)

    Olivia Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question that needs an immediate reply then feel free to tweet me @megtit or e-mail me at thebigmegowski@gmail.com.

Thanks to everyone who leaves a comment xo