TOP FOUR CRUELTY-FREE EYELINERS


Recently, I've been trying to go cruelty-free with my cosmetics. Most who use makeup are aware there are a good few big brands that test on animals without much consequence, but I wasn't aware of how nearly the majority of makeup brands test on animals. In my mind there were a few corrupt brands that did this and the rest were golden, however it appears to be the other way around.

With that in mind, I decided to round up my top four favourite cruelty-free eyeliners for anyone attempting to perfect that cat eye without having to compromise their budget or their beliefs. I understand it's very difficult for people to go cruelty-free because often the most affordable brands are testing on animals, and this post is no way a judgement on anyone who uses these products. This is just a handy guide for if you were considering trying to go cruelty-free.


Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner

This eyeliner is very new to my collection as you'll later with the other eyeliners, I tend to stick to felt-tip liners. After swatching the tester of this on the back of my hand, I found it surprisingly easy to use for a liquid liner and since it was less than five euro I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's great if you want to do something more intricate that a felt-tip liner wouldn't allow you to, the only downside is you do have to let it dry with your eyes closed unlike the felt-tips that dry almost instantly. Although, that isn't a fault of this particular liquid liner rather than all liquid liners.


Makeup Revolution Awesome Dual Eyeliner - Line & Flick

If you're looking for a brand that does top quality dupes at cheaper prices than definitely try out Makeup Revolution. I bought this eyeliner with one of their Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers in Vamp and their Viper Mascara, as part of my attempt to go cruelty-free and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of all the products. This eyeliner only cost €4.16 and you get the benefit of a felt-tip liner and a kohl liner on the other end. It wouldn't be the best eyeliner I have ever owned, but it's a top contender. Only negative is it's a bit dry and so it needs to be layered up a bit rather than being opaque on the first swipe.


Barry M Blink Waterproof Precision Eyeliner

Can you guess the benefit of this eyeliner? Yep, it's waterproof. The rest of the eyeliners mentioned are pretty sturdy when it comes to rain or watery-eyes, however the Barry M just stays that bit neater and intact in bad weather. It's probably the most pigmented out of all the felt-tips too, as well as the most easy to use in terms of it has a thin tip and broadens so you can choose between the type of look you want. This is the second most expensive at €6.99.


Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Black Eyeliner Pen

This is probably my favourite eyeliner to go to. I love a good thick eyeliner flick and a statement look, so this one is perfect for my tastes. It's really pigmented and it lasts so long, I found other felt-tips dry out pretty quick but the nib of this is really saturated with product. This is the most expensive of the four retailing at €8.50, but it's worth the cost to me and is still relatively affordable compared to other high street brands.

(l-r) Collection, Makeup Revolution, Barry M, Soap & Glory
What are your favourite go to eyeliners or cruelty-free products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question that needs an immediate reply then feel free to tweet me @megtit or e-mail me at thebigmegowski@gmail.com.

Thanks to everyone who leaves a comment xo